Welcome to our web page!
We are Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church and are located in the Bloomingdale and North Highlands neighborhood in the Northwest section of Fort Wayne, Indiana. The congregation began in 1893 as a school. The congregation was then incorporated in 1895 as a congregation of the Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod.
The church originally worshiped in the school building. In 1915, the congregation dedicated the current church facility which is still in use for the glory of God. The school wing was added to the church building in 1957 and is still used for our Daycare, Pre-school & Kindergarten children.
The congregation has been served by nine different pastors:
Rev. Joseph A Bohn 1895-1902
Rev. Paul Stoeppelwerth 1902-1914
Rev. Gustav W.F. Doege 1915-1928
Rev. Herbert E. Levihn 1928-1952
Rev. Howard S. Georg 1948-1950
Rev. Carl W. Brueggemann 1953-1958
Rev. Harold A. Ott 1958-1968
Rev. Theodore R. Taykowski 1969-2001
Rev. Aurelius O. Kaltwasser 1973-1996 Visitation Pastor
Rev. David A. Easterday 1999-06/2007
Rev. Russell L. Dewell 06/2007 - present
We have been blessed with many faithful servants of the word during this time.
The congregation continues to focus on the pure teaching of the Word of God, the message of salvation won for us by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross for the entire forgiveness of our sins. We faithfully administer the sacraments of Holy Baptism and the Lord's Supper for the forgiveness of sins. We continue to reach out to the community with the love of Jesus Christ.